If you are using a Linksys wifi router and wanted to restore it to its default factory setting because you want to add security on it, you can do it using two different processes. The first process is ideal if you have forgotten the username and password which had been setup already. The other one is easier if you know the login details of your router.
The Steps in Reset Button
- Ensure that your router is plugin and linked to the electricity. Look into the back and underlying part in the router and look for the “Reset” button. The button is notable for the purpose and recessed with a little hole to stop accidents of resetting it.
- You may use a straightened paper clip or any pointed items and hold the Reset button up until the power light starts off flashing. The procedure will be done in 10 seconds and for outdated modems will take 30 seconds.
- Then, let go the tab and hold back until the light will minimize from blinking. If ever the light will not quit from flashing after 60 seconds of discharging it, you have to move instantly to an alternative step.
- Detach the modem router in the electric power cable for approximately 30 seconds after which plug it once more. A latest product of Linksys routers wouldn’t actually need this action nevertheless it won’t trigger a problem for try. Your router presently has ultimately been reset toward the default factory environment and prepared for new settings.
The Steps in Resetting Through Browser
- Simply key in your internet browser 192.168.1.1. Enter the username and password you have set up. In the event you never set, just keep the username blank and enter “admin” on password area.
- Head over to “Administration” tab and next just pick “Factory Defaults” within the sub-tab.
- In the end, press the “Restore Factory Defaults” tab plus your router will totally reset.