Finding a solution for your college payment can be a tough task. There are sometimes things that you cannot avoid such as scholarship, grants and saving not enough for you to go through college. That is why looking for an alternative solution is not easy. Working may be one of them but not a good one because college is hard and you need to focus on your study. Fortunately, there are lenders who are willing to help students to fill out the needed cost for your education. Student loans are now one the alternative options. But before you choose this option, you can make sure to read some tips regarding student loan. Loan is a serious matter and should be considered first before you leap.
- If you really want to try this option, Federal Loan is the safest and the first one you should apply. They are offered by the government to the student with the lowest interest rate. The borrower has the protection in case some financial crisis happens.
- There are three types of Federal Loans you should know. The first one is the Perkins and Subsidized Stafford loan that has the lowest rate and most affordable loan. The second one is the Unsubsidized Stafford loan that is second best recommended and best for everyone regardless of the income. Lastly, the PLUS loan which is offered to parents and has the highest interest of about 8.5%.
- There are also private lenders which you can apply for such as the Wells Fargo private student loans. Though some lenders offer low rate at first but eventually on the long run can add high rates. If everything is still not enough, you can count on these lenders.
- Your first choice must be Federal loan before you go for private lender. As you can see private lenders do not have borrower protection.
- Do your homework and just do not stick on what you school recommends. You can list down potential lenders with lowest rates.
These are smart tips you can choose if loaning is your last option to success. Click here if you want to know more about this loan.